The inaugural Windsor Castle Concours d’ Elegance will feature a display of the world’s rarest, most luxurious and spectacular vintage motorcars such as the Bugatti Royale, the Ferrari 250 GTO, the Blower Bentley and Mercedes-Benz Gullwing this September, 2012 in London.
As part of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in honor of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Concours is being held within the walls of Windsor Castle, marking the first time a public event has ever been held there. The automobiles will be set in the inner courtyard to display a hundred years of style and technology; plus rare horse-drawn carriages and classic Royal cars.
Abercrombie & Kent has designed one exclusive 9-day tour to take in this extraordinary event: “The Cotswolds & the Windsor Concours of Elegance,” September 5-14, 2012; from $13,695. The tour includes VIP access to the by-invitation-only Owners Day at the Windsor Concours plus:
- An inside look at the craftsmanship of all aspects of Jaguar manufacture
- Land Rover’s production facility visit with options to drive current models on a challenging off-road track
- A guided tour of the BMW Group factory where the MINI is produced
- Punting (boating) at Oxford
- Blenheim Palace visit, home of the Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, for theInternational Horse Trials, to see the world’s best riders compete in dressage, cross country and show jumping
- A day in the rolling, sheep-dotted Cotswolds hills
Tour Director Janet Cameron, the Abercrombie & Kent guide for this once-in-a-lifetime experience, is a long-time car enthusiast with expert knowledge of vintage and modern automobiles. As a driver-guide, she has driven Jenson Button and his Formula 1 team and Marco Andretti and now drives the Mercedes-Schumacher team.
For additional details, click www.abercrombiekent.com/windsor or call 800-554-7094.